Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Best Potatoes EVER!


Roasted potatoes are everywhere.  I always think they sound great – but, they never deliver.

About a year ago I tried them again with fingerling potatoes and roasted garlic olive oil and obviously salt and pepper.  They were very good, but still missing something.

I have always been intrigued by the idea of making crème fraîche so I tried it.  So easy.  Just heavy whipping cream and buttermilk in glass jar sitting on your counter for 2 days or less.  It tastes so good and I tried dipping a roasted potato in it.  Very good.

But, when you add lemon juice, green onions and salt and pepper, it is potato nirvana.  I like it so much I would make the side for every meal.  Every time I ask “Why is this so damn good?”

Try it, you will be in potato heaven too.



Cut potatoes (I like fingerling or small red and yukon gold) into bite sized pieces, toss with some roasted garlic olive oil, salt and pepper.  Then roast at 400F until they are browned and crisp, turning once or twice.  And use parchment paper to line your pan.  They won't stick and they will crisp up better.

To make the dipping crème fraîche use about 1 cup of the crème, 1T of lemon juice, 1 thinly sliced green onion or some chives.  Salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment