Wednesday, July 25, 2012

BILLY'S CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN NACHOS

I won't be making anything exciting or new today (I am taking my friend dinner for her birthday). So I thought I would share a recipe that my husband and brother go nuts over. In fact my brother, Bob, thought I should open a pub after trying these.
 

Billy's Chicken and Black Bean Nachos
1 boneless skinless small chicken breast cut into small pieces
1T cajun seasoning
2T canola oil
1/2 green bell pepper chopped
1/2 jalapeno finely chopped
1/2 yellow or white onion chopped
1/2 can drained and rinsed black beans
4C good thick tortilla chips
1/3C grated sharp cheddar
1/3C grated asadero cheese or monterey jack
1/4C sour cream
3T chopped green onions.

nachos afterToss raw chicken with cajun seasoning. Heat canola oil over medium heat, add peppers and onions, cook until starting to soften. Add chicken and cook about 5-7 until cooked through. Add black beans. Remove from heat.

Move rack to a low position in the oven. Heat the broiler. Pile chips onto an ovenproof plate or cookie sheet. Top with chicken mixture and then the cheeses. Place under the broiler for about 3 minutes. Watch to make sure cheese doesn't brown, just melts. Remove from oven and top with sour cream and green onions.

Bill's beer recommendation - Victory Brewery's Golden Monkey

No comments:

Post a Comment